Steam is an excellent video game platform that makes it easy to download, install, update, and purchase games online. Once installed on your computer, you can use your email address to create a user account. The features are divided into five parts: Store, Community, My Games, Media and Tools, so you can browse available games, chat with players, manage games, and more. While it is convenient for users to play games with Steam, there are a few issues that are preventing the game from installing Steam game installation errors.
Corrupted disk errors in Steam usually occur when a user downloads a game they have just purchased or tries to update a game that is already installed on their computer. One good thing is that there are multiple ways to fix the problem and continue playing. There are several ways you can do it and follow the instructions exactly.
Checking the integrity of game files
- In the Steam Desktop application, go to the Libraries tab.
- Select the game that caused the floppy disk write error and right-click. Select an attribute.
- Access local files and then check the integrity of the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete, then close the Steam application.
- Restart Steam and continue installing or updating the game.
Change power settings
- Right-click the battery icon in the notification area and click Power Options. If you are not using Windows 10, click on the Start menu and search for Control Panel. Change the View By option to a large icon, then click Power Options.
- Select the power plan you are currently using (usually balanced or power saving), click Change Plan Settings, and then click Change Advanced Power Settings in the new window that opens.
- In this window, click the small plus button next to the hard disk drive entry in the list to zoom in. The same applies to the Disable hard disk option after clicking Options to change the option Not set.
Update March 2021:
It is recommended to use this tool as an error. Additionally, the tool fixes common computer errors, protects your computer from file loss, malware, hardware failure, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. You can quickly fix your PC problems and prevent others from being caused by this software.
- Step 1: Download PC Repair & Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista-Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: ” Start Scan ” look for Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3: ” Fix all ” fixes all the problems.
- The same applies to all active battery plans because the computer sometimes automatically switches from one plan to another. Check if the damaged hard disk error is still displayed on the computer.
Clear download cache
- In the Steam application, go to Steam> Settings.
- Go to Downloads and click Clear Download Cache.
- Click OK.
- Check if the problem is resolved.
Steam library folder change
- Launch Steam and click Steam> Settings.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Click on the Steam Library folder.
- Then click the Add Library Folder button in the dialog box that appears.
- Select a different drive on your system and click Select.
- Close the settings window and download and install the game with a damaged hard disk error.
Run as administrator
- Go to the location of your Steam files (default location is C: / program files  / Steam).
- Right-click on the steam.exe file and go to properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab in Properties and make sure “Run this program as administrator” is enabled.
- Click Apply and restart Steam.
- Check if the steam disk error is fixed.